Whether you need a new passport, or lost an old one, the Honorary Consulate office can help you.
Procedure to apply for a new Lebanese Passport.
The new passports are issued by the Directorate General of the General Security in Lebanon.
Required documents to apply for a new Passport (Navy Blue type):
- A Lebanese ID, or recent extract of civil status (Ikhraj Kayd Fardy) date of issue must not exceed 10 years.
- A valid entry visa to the United States, US residency permit, or US Passport.
- If applying to replace your passport, provide the passport to be replaced.
- Two recent color photos (Size 4,3 x 3,5 cm; not drawn from another photo) showing full details of the face on a white background.
- For applicants under 18 years of age, both parents should be present.
- Forms must be filled out in person at the Honorary Consulate Office in Arizona. If unable to be present in person call the consulate office at (602) 418-2345 or (602) 418-0112
- Fees: $40/ 1 year, or $200/ 5 years. Either cash or by money order payable to the Consulate General of Lebanon in Los Angeles.
- It takes 8-10 weeks after application to receive the new passport from Lebanon.
A Lost passport should be reported immediately to the local police, a copy of the police report is required (please note that the report number is not enough, we need a copy of the actual report).
If you lost your passport you must apply for a new electronically readable blue color passport.
- In addition to the requirements for a new passport, please include:
- A photocopy of the lost passport ( if available).
- The Original police report.
After the file is completed at the Honorary Consulate office, it is the applicant’s responsibility to mail the documents to:
The Consulate General of Lebanon in Los Angeles
811 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90017